Source: Jason Barry | CBS5
September 10, 2014
PHOENIX (CBS5) – Phoenix police are calling it a tragic accident, but there may be more to the death of a 3-month-old baby.
Skylar Michelle died Monday at a home daycare in North Phoenix.
Police told CBS5 that the caregiver was feeding the baby, when the infant started choking.
The caregiver reportedly called 911, performed CPR, but it wasn’t enough.
Investigators are calling it a tragic accident with no criminal charges pending.
However, CBS5 news has learned that the home was not licensed.
Erin Raden is executive director of the Arizona Child Care Association.
She said that when a daycare facility is not licensed, there’s no oversight, no background checks on employees, no CPR training, and no annual inspections.
“That is the most important thing to know, that all of the baseline health and safety requirements are being maintained,” said Raden. “They need to know if there is a problem – there is some sort of recourse.”
Continue reading original article at: http://www.cbs5az.com/story/26388979/home-daycare-where-baby-died-not-licensed